An outstanding reputation for providing high quality, independent, professional advice
Become a part of a leading business
Martello Global enjoys an outstanding reputation for providing high quality, independent, professional advice. We believe in employing the best to provide the highest quality of service for our clients.
An ambitious business that's growing
We have a growing team of dynamic and enthusiastic individuals at all levels, from graduates to senior experts.
Life with us
Join a growing team of dynamic and enthusiastic individuals at all levels
Driven by our core principles
Our core principles are those of professionalism, attention to detail, independence and integrity. These principles are apparent in everything we do, from our recruitment process and in-house training to our professional development program.
Life extends beyond work
As well as an active Social Committee who organise regular functions, we have Charity Committee and in-house Training Academy, focusing on coordinating the development and training for our employees to benefit their careers and the future of the company.
An exciting place to develop your skills
We are a fast growing and successful organisation which contributes to making this an exciting place to work. We work hard to balance the values associated with world class client service with that of an entrepreneurial and results focused organisation.
View our current vacancies
As a business, Martello Financial Services, specialises in providing independent expert services for clients involved in disputes in the financial services industry. With a platform of over 200 experts, from a wide range of financial sectors, the company is appointed on financial disputes globally. Therefore, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a variety of financial services issues and sectors, and disputes across various jurisdictions.
This is a role in a growing specialist expert witness consultancy based in central London. The position would suit candidates who have several years’ of experience in a dispute resolution role, interested in pursuing a career in the financial services disputes sector. Prior experience in expert witness report preparation and legal proceedings is a requirement, and knowledge of financial services disciplines is desired.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Responsibilities and Duties
This role entails working as part of a team of staff providing analytical support to the appointed expert. This is a senior position within the team and your specific duties will include:
- Assisting and supporting the appointed experts in managing the expert witness process, from initial meetings with legal teams, to the preparation of expert reports and cross-examination in a trial.
- Attending meetings with legal clients and experts.
- Quickly digesting large amounts of information on complex legal and financial matters.
- Research to support the expert, the gathering and organisation of relevant documents and data relating to the dispute.
- Handling large amounts of raw data and using your skills to design methods for analysing financial data (for example, inputting it into a new format on Excel for easier analysis by the expert).
- Critical thinking is required to support the expert in designing their opinion and structuring an expert report.
- Drafting and proof-reading expert reports and other court documents. Producing documents to a very high-quality, court-ready standard.
- Monitoring and managing the work of junior analyst staff on appointments, including training new junior team members to assist experts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have 3-5 years’ experience in the expert witness or disputes field.
- Experience of drafting legal documents.
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage and work to deadlines.
- Some experience of financial services would be helpful, but not essential.
- Excellent written English skills.
- Highly analytical and methodical approach to work.
- A personable manner and ability to work well with a variety of people and teams.
- A clear desire to work and progress within the expert witness sector.
- Honours Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus
- Flexible working arrangements