When complexity needs clarity, Martello marries specialist knowledge with expert skills to provide indisputable financial services support.
Who we are
Martello Financial Services is a firm of trusted independent experts specialising in the complex world of banking, insurance, pensions and asset management. We understand the challenges faced by clients and law firms in seeking reputable financial services experts to support and advise on disputes and investigations.
Founded in 2019 by leading practitioners Richard Moore and James Garvey, Martello offers a unique solution for clients and instructing lawyers to identify and appoint sector experts across the breadth of financial services markets. We unravel the facts and get to the truth.
Our extensive industry network, collectively built and nurtured over more than 35 years, provides a high-quality, diverse pool of experts that delivers a perfect match to meet the exact litigation and dispute resolution needs of the legal profession. Martello’s independent expert services are further enhanced by the support of our Group resources, ranging from forensic accounting and valuation, to digital forensics and eDiscovery.
Martello matches the right expert to the right case with the right support, bringing clarity to complexity.
Fundamental to the operation of global economies and increasingly innovative
Our experts have specialist knowledge of a wide range of aspects relating to the financial services sector
Our work in the financial services field has seen us advise some of the world’s leading banks, financial institutions, insurers and lawyers. We have provided forensic analysis in the context of regulatory investigations, insurance matters, fraud and investment mandates. With access to a diverse expert pool, our knowledge spans a broad range of financial markets, including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and money markets.
Our wealth of experience means we bring clarity to these high-value complex issues, advising at all stages from independent early assessment to inform negotiations, to expert witness services in dispute resolution – from major investigations and high-profile disputes to reputational risk management.
- Working with IT Group, Martello is assisting an investment management firm to resolve a technology dispute on a financial services IT system relating to share dealings, account management and regulatory reporting
- Martello is assisting a global bank in relation to a foreign exchange (FX) dispute with an investment manager
- Martello has been engaged by a UK law firm to provide expert advice on the impact of FX rates on investment returns in various asset classes for an asset management dispute
- In association with Haberman Ilett, Martello is assisting a liquidator in relation to the sale of a prominent residential, commercial and hotel property in London
- Martello has been instructed by a leading UK law firm to provide expert opinion on reasonable brokerage fees associated with equity derivatives trading